evidence: nano(1) is better than Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: evidence: nano(1) is better than Emacs
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 23:51:23 +0100

When I did my daily routine the other day - hacking
hq.af.mil and such - I made an interesting discovery:
and I have a screenshot to prove it!

nano(1) is actually better than Emacs at displaying:

    /etc/apt/sources.list

Here is the screenshot [1].

nano is a text editor that many people begin to use
when they enter the Unix or Linux world. At that
point, gedit doesn't do anything (besides it reminds
you of notepad), Emacs is too vast, Vim doesn't make
any sense whatsoever (especially not when you still
use the non-US keyboard layout), and Eclipse is -
well, part of the reason why those people were exiled
to the Unix world to begin with.

Then, after a year or so, people move on to get more
power. nano leads to Emacs, just as karate leads to
muay Thai, and smoking pot leads to carpentry.

So we can absolutely not be content with being
inferior to nano in any way!

Question: Does anyone know of a package to get that
sweet look? If not, this is an excellent project for
any bunch of school kids - be it in kindergarten or
Ph.D. Computer Science!

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/nano_emacs.png

--
underground experts united