Re: disable font color change in region

From: Bob Clark
Subject: Re: disable font color change in region
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:45:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your suggestion. I did it with the old version of emacs (version 23,
left side of https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BAQmmnJQ4HWU15VjNOR3ZZUVE) and
the new version (version 24, right side of image).

It looks like the foreground of the region face isn't set in the old emacs.
That's probably why it retains the font colors. In the newer emacs, the
foreground is set to gtk_selection_fg_color, which apparently is white.

I tried deselecting the foreground to see what that would do. It wouldn't let
me save the changes unless I ran emacs without the -Q flag.

When I ran emacs without the flag, deselected the region foreground, and saved
the changes, it modified my .emacs file and subsequently performed as I wanted
it to. Thanks for your help.