Re: Emacs for Windows

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:04:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
>> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:16:03 +0200
>>
>> There's wpkg and Chocolatey, and from my impression the latter is
>> getting more and more popular:
>>
>> https://chocolatey.org/
>>
>> It already has an Emacs package.
>
> But almost nothing of interest to Emacs users except Emacs itself,
> AFAICS (apologies if I missed something).

It seems that most of the packages are non-free, indeed, and the
Chocolatey maintainers do not seem to care much about free software (it
seems you cannot search by license, for instance).

But there are things like GNU make, cmake, git, mercurial, wget,
tightvnc, clink, CLISP, Racket, gcc-arm, Python, Ruby, TCL, which is all
stuff which I currently have to install manually, so it at least gets me
thinking into trying it out.

-David