Re: Do you look-up online dictionaries within Emacs?

From: Chris F.A. Johnson
Subject: Re: Do you look-up online dictionaries within Emacs?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 21:33:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

Hello,

I need often bilingual dictionaries like the excellent leo.org and
dict.cc; dict.el with the dict servers is not really an option.  At the
moment I'm using mostly my mobile phone as portable dictionary but I'd
rather want do this within Emacs.

There seem to be at least 3 solutions:

x-dict.el
http://www.xsteve.at/prg/python/

r-dict.el
https://github.com/tsdh/rdictcc

eww
but leo.org and dict.cc are barely readable in eww

What is working for you?

  I use eedic and dict/dictd running on my own computer.

  s-d looks up the word under the cursor and displays the result in a second
window.

  s-n finds any singleword anagrams of the word under the cursor.

  s-w uses Wordplay by Evans Crisswell to list all words that can be
  made from the letters in the current word as well as multiword
  anagrams.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>