Re: Basic emacs lisp question

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Basic emacs lisp question
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 07:00:31 +0100

Ken <kensubuntu@gmail.com> writes:

> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
>
>> PS. Note how you reply to my posts - reply to the
>>     list/newsgroup, not to my e-mail. DS.
>
> Sorry about that. I use gnus and I haven't trained my fingers to use F
> rather than R yet.
>
> Ken
>
> --
> The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
> between a mermaid and a seal.
>               -- Mark Twain

Hi Ken,

Bung this snippet into your .gnus file. Gnus will then ask you if you
REALLY want to send an email when you are in a news group.

;; prompt for mail replies to newsgroups!!!!!
(defadvice gnus-summary-reply (around reply-in-news activate)
  (interactive)
  (when (or (not (gnus-news-group-p gnus-newsgroup-name))
            (y-or-n-p "REALLY reply with a personal mail? "))
    ad-do-it))

atb

Glyn