Re: How do I enter a 'œ'?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How do I enter a 'œ'?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 20:05:58 +0200

Dnia 2014-09-02, o godz. 11:36:31
Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> napisał(a):

> Hello,
>
> My keyboard layout lets me input the 'œ' character directly, but it
> does not work with emacs. Starting a fresh (-Q) instance, and doing
> "C-h k œ" gives me:

Just for the record, probably the coolest trick to do this:

M-x set-input-method TeX RET
\ o e

If you know even a small bit of LaTeX, playing with the TeX input
method is quite fun - if I want to have some arrows, or ≠, or ⊂, or ∈,
or ∫, or ⊆, or ♣ etc., it is easiest for me to hit C-\ - I have TeX
input method as the default - and type the (La)TeX command.  Then I
disable the input method with another C-\ (it can be annoying, too!),
and continue.  (This input method also works with accented letters and
who knows what else!)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski