Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:06:35 +0200

Óscar Fuentes writes:
> However, I don't see CEDET's team throwing away their Elisp parser and
> start coding one on C/C++. They could use Clang's right away, or GCC's
> once the modularization is completed, but they insist on their own's.

Stop this, Óscar. I think you're very well aware that the clang binary
in itself only provides smart completions, nothing more. I *have* added
support for this in CEDET. I'm pretty sure you know that as well,
because I've already written this to you the last time this was
discussed.

What you are talking about is walking the AST using libclang/libtooling,
which is a whole different matter and nothing which one does "right
away". Just look at projects like rtags which do that, and see what it
entails.

This is just to set things straight for others which are reading this. I
have absolutely no interest in further discussing this with you.

-David