Re: Menu on minor mode lighter

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Menu on minor mode lighter
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:52:38 +0200

Sebastian Wiesner <swiesner@lunaryorn.com> writes:

> Yes, it looks like it, but I'd rather go without an advice.  This
> feature isn't intended for my own customization, but rather for a
> package that I maintain (see [1]), and I am under the impression that
> advices in packages are really bad style.

Indeed.

> Couldn't I just add my own menu to the 'local-map property of the mode
> line lighter text?

That could work, but i'm not sure if that would be of better style.  You
would circumvent built in code and hardcode a certain (generally
configurable) mouse key.

> [1]: https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck/issues/365

I see.  Note that the situation for ispell is similar: It has a menu bar
menu under Tools, but this menu isn't present in the mode-line, because
the code doesn't capture that case.

There's probably no nice solution for your problem.

Regards,

Michael.