safe-local-variable-values does not work for one variable

From: Karl Voit
Subject: safe-local-variable-values does not work for one variable
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 11:52:22 +0200

Hi!

In general, safe-local-variable-values works as expected at my side.
However, I've got an Org-mode file with following local variable:

: %%% Local Variables:
: %%% reftex-default-bibliography: '("~/archive/library")
: %%%% End:

Each time I start my Emacs[1], I get asked the usual
yes/no/accept_as_safe question regarding this local variable.

I press "!" to mark/store it as being safe. I get the message:

: Saving file /home/vk/hosts/all/config/emacs.d/init-gary.el...

NOTE: This is a symlink to /home/vk/hosts/all/config/emacs.d/init.el
and /home/vk/hosts/all/config/emacs.d is linked to ~/.emacs.d -> so
this indirection is working in general and thus, the symlinks should
not cause this issue: "grep bibliography ~/.emacs.d/init.el" is
returning the saved custom-set-variables as expected:

,----
| (custom-set-variables
|  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
|  ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
|  ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
|  ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
|  '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
|  '(safe-local-variable-values
|    (quote
|     ((reftex-default-bibliography quote
|                                   ("~/archive/library"))
|      (flyspell-default-dictionary . "en_US")
|      (eval ispell-change-dictionary "american")
|      (eval ispell-change-dictionary "german8")
|      (flyspell-default-dictionary . "german8")
|      (eval ispell-change-dictionary "de_AT")
|      (eval ispell-change-dictionary "en_US")
|      (eval flyspell-mode 1)))))
`----

How can I get rid of this behavior so that Emacs starts without
asking me the same question every time?

  1. GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
  of 2014-01-01 on gkar, modified by Debian

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are