Re: GNUS & nnmaildir

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: GNUS & nnmaildir
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:40:10 +0100

Ken <kensubuntu@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am having difficulty with nnmaildir. Currently, I get my mail with
> fetchmail, process it through procmail, and have a maildir setup.
>
> I would like to read the mail with emacs gnus, but the documention is a
> bit scanty in this area and I have not really found any examples on thge
> internet that works for me.
>
> Can any one help?

I don 't use nnmaildir myself on an everyday basis - but did try it once
to see if it worked, and it did!

This, added to ~/.gnus, was what enabled me to read the mail:

 (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnmaildir "GlynMaildir" (directory "~/Maildir/")))

Have you discovered this page? :

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/UsingProcmailWithGnus#toc4

Are you using Gnus for news AND mail or just mail?

atb

Glyn