Re: Whats wrong with this defcustom?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Whats wrong with this defcustom?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:32:05 +0100

>> Equality is something else, as you've found.
>
> I have?

What I mean is, Emacs Lisp has several types of equality, eq, equal,
etc.  Thien-Thi Nguyen corrected my mistake about lisp reader syntax.
That is, "'(something)" turns into "(quote (something))".  This is a
conversion that happens before evaluation is involved and before
equality is involved (as you may know).  Then later evaluation turns it
into "(something)".

The lisp reader is very separate from the lisp interpreter or compiler, for
example think about this:
(let* ((x 1257) #'x) function)

BR,
Robert Thorpe