Re: Selection threshold with mouse

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: Selection threshold with mouse
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:52:24 +0900 (JST)

>> When I set region using mouse from left to right, region expands at
>> very end of each character.  Is it possible to set to threshold to the
>> middle of a character instead of very end of a character?

Let me rephrase my question.  I found it can be simplified to `click
and move point.  To make things clear, I set cursor-type to bar and
try to edit string `HELP' as shown below.

To set point in between E and L, I have to click space occupied by
letter L as shown by `***'.  However, I want to set the point by
clicking space occupied by last half of E and first half of L as shown
by `+++'.

                ^

Is it possible to change the sweet spot?  Now subtle difference in
location of mouse cursor when around point, changes consequence.