Re: a dark theme?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:20:08 +0200

Glyn Millington <glyn.millington@gmail.com> writes:

> This looks like rather hard work!
>
> If you move the cursor to the text whose face you
> would like to customize and do M-x customize-face,
> the emacs offers you the face at point to be
> customized eg.
>
> Customize face (default `gnus-cite-2')

An idiot can set the faces in Elisp (I think).

Baby steps first. And this is an especially good baby
step, because it gives instant feedback and is ideal
for experimentation and trying out new stuff: how the
editor responds to the edits and the evaluation...

This is hardly "rather hard work", it is pleasant,
interesting, low-intense work:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil
                    :foreground "cyan"
                    :background "black"
                    :bold nil)

But of course `customize-face' is there for anyone to
use, I already told my prefered way (and now twice) so
it is all fair this method also gets mentioned... Emacs
is not a religion (right?).

--
underground experts united