Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:07:57 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> Message mode has nothing to do with pre-internet
> stuff.
>
> If you use GNUS then compose a message and key C-h m
> in the compose buffer.  It'll say "Message mode
> defined in message.el'".  Open message.el and look at
> it's directory .../lisp/gnus/ .

Strange, I remember "message" stuff from that old
manual that didn't cover Gnus. But it could have been
that it was mail-mode or something with Rmail and
-message- in it, just not the mode.

Was there a pre-Internet Emacs newsreader?

Facts for fans: I heard there were two Gnus: Gnus, and
then today's Gnus, ding ("Ding is not Gnus") - very
funny (well), but anyway it didn't take so Gnus
remained Gnus.

--
underground experts united