magit diff not showing diff

From: Shiyuan
Subject: magit diff not showing diff
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:51:50 -0700

Hi all,
    I am on Emacs 24.3 + Magit 20140306.1400. I use the keys `l l` to
 enter the *magit-log* where the history is shown. If I choose a commit,
press `enter`, I will enter the *magit-commit* butter where the diff-Ediff
(using the key `e`) works properly as expected. What isn't working is the
following operation sequence:

In the *magit-log* buffer,  select two commits and diff them(by first going
to one commit, press the key `.` and then move the cursor to another
commit, then press the key `=`), then magit opens a `magit-diff` buffer
where a summary of difference is shown and each difference is shown hunk by
hunk. If I go to a hunk, and press `e`, Magit opens Ediff, but in  the
Ediff, the difference is not shown correctly. The Ediff Control panel shows
zero difference and the mode lines are "fileA.{nil}" and "fileB.{nil}".
Ediff doesn't pick up the diff correctly.  Is Magit supposed to work that
way? Do I need any extra setup?

Thanks.

Shiyuan