Re: Reuse frame with emacsclient and/or use shell aliases when finding f

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Reuse frame with emacsclient and/or use shell aliases when finding files
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 18:10:46 -0700 (PDT)

> Are you looking for 'emacsclient -n'?
I don't think I'm specifically looking for -n, although I do use it. I
haven't used emacsclient enough to understand the nuance of C-x #
instead of typical methods like C-x k or otherwise.

> There is a problem when you have multiple frames, though:  How do you
> decide in which frame the visited file will be displayed?  Is it
> possible to specify that when starting emacsclient?  --- I usually have
> at least two frames for different purposes, and using emacsclient to
> visit a file or to create an email usually doesn`t put the file/email
> into the frame I`d like to have it in.

I haven't worked into these more advanced issues yet, but I can
certainly imagine that I will soon want to know how to do these
things. For example, I usually have separate things going in different
virtual desktops. It would be nice to have four separate severs
running and for a call to emacsclient to connect to the corresponding
server for that virtual desktop. If anyone has any solutions for that,
it would be great.