case-insensitive regexp in derived-mode

From: jfjfcli
Subject: case-insensitive regexp in derived-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

Following this tutorial
http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/elisp_syntax_coloring.html

Now my keywords are working, but the regexp to colour keyword is case
insensitive.

I was able to get it to work by evaluating
(setq font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search t)
after loading the custom mode into that buffer.

However no matter where I put it in the .el file of the custom mode, I cannot
to work automatically.

The documentation also says "You can use case-fold in font-lock-defaults to
specify the value of font-lock-keywords-case-fold-search which says whether
search-based fontification should be case-insensitive."

any help would be great, thanks.