Re: `#` in org mode links doesn't open correctly?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: `#` in org mode links doesn't open correctly?
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:51:18 +0200

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm putting together a reading list file for SICP and I'm linking
> directly to the HTML version of the book.
>
> Many of the links include target data with them (i.e.
> `link#some-target`) and when I call `org-open-at-point` it corrupts
> the link by incorrectly converting `#` to `%23`.
>
> How can I get this to behave properly?

I just switched to outorg and used C-c C-l to insert this link with
Org-mode:

[[http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-10.html#%25_sec_1.1.5][SICP-LINK]]

which looks like this when copied from w3m:

| http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-10.html#%_sec_1.1.5

but the Org link, besided being modified, works with org-open-at-point
or w3m-browse-url for me, so it does not really seem to be corrupted?

--
cheers,
Thorsten