Re: Arbitrary folding in emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Arbitrary folding in emacs
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:17:49 +0100

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

>> narrowing the region is kind of opposite of what I am looking for -
>> but I'll give it a shot - I am not familiar with it.
>
> To be clear, what I believe Eli is saying is to mark the entirety of
> the buffer that you're interested in seeing, and then Calling
> narrow-to-region.

He's right, it's still the opposite.  I wants to mark what he doesn't
want to see whereas you mark what you want to see with narrowing.  His
approach has the possible benefit that you could divide the buffer into
many hidden, shown, hidden, shown,... regions.  With narrowing, it's
always hidden, shown, hidden.

Bye,
Tassilo