Re: bug in url.el

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: bug in url.el
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:59:32 +0100

ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:

> Some code developed a few years ago which worked fine up to my last
> upgrade of emacs now errors out with:

What's your Emacs version now?  The file you've send seems quite old...?

It seems that the problematic code has been changed, I don't see
url-passwd-entry-func, or any mention of passwords at all, in the
trunk's version of url.el.

> Finally, what could I easily and expediently do to work around this
> bug?

I'd try (setq url-passwd-entry-func nil), or an upgrade of Emacs if
possible.

HTH,

Michael.