Re: v24.3.1: set-terminal-coding-system is not working when connecting t

From: varun
Subject: Re: v24.3.1: set-terminal-coding-system is not working when connecting to the server through a new frame
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:43:25 -0500

Thanks Stefan for the responding.

I looked at the init.el file and have the following entry that sets the
locale:
(setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)

Is this not enough or am I not using it correctly?

Got these from:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2901541/which-coding-system-should-i-use-in-emacs
(setq utf-translate-cjk-mode nil) ; disable CJK coding/encoding
(Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters)
  (set-language-environment 'utf-8)
  (set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8-mac) ; For old Carbon emacs on OS X
only
  (setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)
  (set-default-coding-systems 'utf-8)
  (set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)