Re: emacs + ansi-term on OSX

From: Alp Aker
Subject: Re: emacs + ansi-term on OSX
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:51:53 -0500

> I have compiled and installed gnu emacs from source (I am not using
> Aquamacs or EmacsForMac), however, when I run M-x ansi-term, it does not
> run my .profile script (Mac doesn't use .bashrc). How can I setup the
> ansi-term to run my .profile for each bash shell it runs? I typically have
> multiple ansi-shells.

You're used to the fact that the default terminal emulator on OS X starts a
login shell; you'll get the behavior you want by ensuring that bash is
invoked with the "--login" switch.  No straightforward way to do that that
I see, but I don't use this functionality.  One way would be to redefine
the function ansi-term so that it passes the proper parameter to
term-ansi-make-term.   (BTW, it looks like you can just pass the desired
buffer name as an argument to ansi-term, rather than renaming after that
fact.)