Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edi

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edited file
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 03:06:47 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> I'm afraid that you are mistaken here.  I guess they
> are not "neurotic", but just normal.  In other words,
> this is how human beings work...  And I don't find it
> very sad, either, though maybe a bit amusing.

If they do too much of those sites, if they are not
neurotic, they will be soon enough.

What is neurotic about it is that they have (at least)
two incorrect assumptions, first there is a "correct"
answer and discussion can at most be allowed in the
commentator fields. In facts, things can be discussed
for ages and that is a fine way to do it.

Second, that those sites are "mutually exclusive". This
is delirious. There is "ask Ubuntu" - but what is
Ubuntu? Ubuntu is Debian, and Debian is Linux, and
Linux is Unix, and Unix is software, and software is
achieved by programming... it is all interconnected,
and at several levels at that.

And this "artificial perfection" makes for frustration
because reality is never perfect, and when this
happens, which is all the time, if you can't decode it
for what it is (reality), you'll just be
frustrated. And this is why (you might have noticed)
that people are very fast at upvoting when some guy is
mastering some other guy, telling him his question
doesn't make sense, he posted in the "incorrect" site,
and so on.

That's why I like Usenet much more because here, when
you act like a moron, you are simply a moron, because
you are human, and you don't need to "recode" it in any
other way, claiming some other guy didn't stick to the
rules, bubbling about the nature of the site, etc.

Just because we do computers, doesn't mean we *are*
computers, and we will never be, thank god.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573