RE: select text without moving the point in graphical interface

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: select text without moving the point in graphical interface
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:17:53 -0800 (PST)

> > In terminal mode, Emacs does not even recognize the mouse, in the
> > sense that if you do `C-h k' and then click or drag the mouse, that
> > action is unrecognized.
>
> That's largely false, at least on most GNU/Linux systems and on
> MS-Windows: the mouse is supported in text mode as well.  And on
> xterm, we have xt-mouse for the same purpose.

I see; I stand corrected.  At least with `emacs -Q -nw' on MS
Windows 7, for me, `C-h k' does not seem to recognize any mouse
actions.  But I should not have generalized.  Thanks for the
correction.

It seems that I also misunderstood the request.  See Bob's message.
Perhaps you have an answer for the real request, as well?