Re: how to display that a term is inside emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: how to display that a term is inside emacs
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:26:45 +0100

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

>> As far as I can see urxvt (which is called `rx' on
>> my system) reads PS1 and Emacs reads TERM

Yeah? u is for Unicode, r is for reduced (as compared
to xterm, urxvt and rxvt requires less computer power),
x is for X, and vt is for virtual terminal.

> Erh, this must be wrong. But though I do not
> understand it correctly it works fine...

I don't think either reads TERM, it is just an
environmental variable that describes the current
setup. If you wish to have this reflected in the prompt
string, you can read TERM and then setup PS depending
on what was read.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573