Initialization warning with latest emacs snapshot

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Initialization warning with latest emacs snapshot
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:08:50 +0100

Hi all,

after an upgrade to latest emacs-snapshot for Debian sid (2:20131201-1)
I got the following warning at emacs start up:

    Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain
    your `.emacs.d' directory: /home/lele/.emacs.d/
    This is likely to cause problems...
    Consider using a subdirectory instead, e.g.: /home/lele/.emacs.d/lisp

Effectively my own variation of the emacs-starter-kit init.el contains
the following code:

    ;; Load path etc.

    (setq esk-dotfiles-dir (file-name-directory
                        (or (buffer-file-name) load-file-name))
          esk-autoload-file (concat esk-dotfiles-dir "loaddefs.el")
          package-user-dir (concat esk-dotfiles-dir "elpa")
          esk-custom-file (concat esk-dotfiles-dir "custom")
          esk-system-specific-config (concat esk-dotfiles-dir system-name)
          esk-user-specific-config (concat esk-dotfiles-dir user-login-name)
          esk-user-specific-dir (concat esk-dotfiles-dir user-login-name)
          esk-overrides-dir (concat esk-dotfiles-dir "overrides")
          custom-file (concat esk-user-specific-config ".el"))

    ;; Load up ELPA, the package manager

    (add-to-list 'load-path esk-dotfiles-dir)

so load-path contains the directory /home/lele/.emacs.d/, that contains
my starter-kit-xxx.el files.

Is that warning telling me that I should move all my starter-kit-xxx.el
files into a lisp/ subdirectory and put the latter in the load-path
list?

OOC, what are the alleged problems that my current configuration could
trigger?

Thanks in advance for any clarification,
bye, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.