Re: Cisco Router Tab Completion in SSH from Emacs

From: Esben Stien
Subject: Re: Cisco Router Tab Completion in SSH from Emacs
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 01:36:06 +0000

Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I'm still running 22.x, but M-x term has always been short for M-x
> terminal-emulator -- it's just command completion.

Right, and running this way it kind of useless, since it makes emacs
inaccessible since everything is sent to the terminal. I could just as
well run it outside emacs. So, I guess we abandon this approach.

> You can type C-q TAB, but it won't be sent until you enter the command
> line.

Until I enter the command line? I don't understand this sentence.

C-q runs the command quoted-insert, which is an interactive compiled
Lisp function in `simple.el'.

It is bound to C-q.

If I enter this in an eshell ssh session, nothing happens, at all. It
just jumps forward like hitting TAB usually does.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m