Re: Precompiled Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Precompiled Emacs
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:33:49 -0500

> The primary (but not only) usage of this package is that Emacs developers
> should be able to test their package against a lot of different versions.

FWIW, on Debian systems, you can install Emacs-19 to Emacs-24, all at
the same time (tho not, for example, Emacs-24.1 and Emacs-24.3 at the
same time).

I know, because that's what I have ;-)

IIRC I had to fiddle a bit, adding a meta/pseudo package to satisfy
a dependency, but I did that once eons ago and never looked back.

        Stefan