Re: utf8

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: utf8
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:50:02 +0100

Am 01.11.2013 10:26, schrieb Denise Chemla:
Hi everybody,

I am french, I use intensively gnu-emacs but I don't know it too much. I probably click
on bad keys from my keyboard and now, each time I want to save my file using ctrl-s,
emacs tells me something like "please confirm your encoding is well utf-8-unix"
and only after I write all the letters U T F - 8 - U N I X, it saves my work. I am
completely tired to type all those letters at each time I save.

Could you help me, telling me what I made wrong ?

Sincerely yours,

Denise Chemla

Maybe you have some characters in your text which aren't recognised. Got this
sometimes from copy-and-past mailings.
Check the text if something isn't displayed correctly.
If this is the case, correct theses letters.

Andreas