Re: Help debugging backtrace

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Help debugging backtrace
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:57:07 +0200

Alex Bennée <kernel-hacker@bennee.com> writes:

> Ahh seems so obvious now, I should have noticed. I was surprised though:
>
> (defun my-test-defun
>   "This is a test"
>   (message " in my test"))
>
> (defun my-test-defun2 ()
>   "This is a test"
>   (message " in my test 2"))

Mmh, that's not optimal, right.  OTOH, when you try to compile a file
containing the first form, you even get an error (not just a warning,
compilation fails).

Compiling your elisp code is always a good mean to do some automatic
sanity checks.  It catches quite a lot of such typo mistakes.

Regards,

Michael.