Re: Windows shell + PortablePython

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Windows shell + PortablePython
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:18:03 +0200

Am 21.10.2013 12:44, schrieb Maximilian Matthe:
Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

Am 21.10.2013 11:45, schrieb Maximilian Matthe:
Hi,

I'm forced to use a Windows machine, and I want to use Python from
within Emacs.  I'm also forced to use PortablePython since I have no
admin rights here. Here's my problem:

When I run M-x shell and type "python", the python interpreter starts,
but no output is redirected to the emacs shell buffer (e.g. there is
no >>> at the prompt, and no version information after the interpreter
start). The input I send is also redirected to python, however, no output is
shown in the shell buffer. When I close python with quit(), the control
still is not returned to the shell.

What can be the problem here?

Regards, Max

Not that sure WRT to python.el, with python-mode.el it's better to load
python-mode first, than start the interpreter.

 From a pure shell try python -i

Hi!
the problem is independent of python-mode. it appears in the simple
shell (M-x shell) when I run python interactively inside it.

Hmm, seems worth a bug report then.