Re: how to change background color when running emacs -nw

From: Marko Vojinovic
Subject: Re: how to change background color when running emacs -nw
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:38:11 +0100

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:35:21 +0200
Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lalit Saraswat <leadinglalit@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > I am running emacs in no window mode. but emacs dont take konsole's
> > background color.
> > How can i change the background colour to white or whatever used by
> > konsole.
>
> doesn't something like
>
> ,--------------------------------
> | $ emacs -nw -fg wheat -bg black
> `--------------------------------
>
> work?

I believe the OP wants emacs to autodetect the background color of a
parent terminal process, and set that same color as its own background
at startup.

Some people use different background colors for user/root/remote
shells, and I can imagine that they would want this color to
propagate into emacs automatically, whatever that color may be in each
particular instance.

Best, :-)
Marko