Re: How to exclude folders from searching IDs “gid”?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to exclude folders from searching IDs “gid”?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:57:11 +0300

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:36:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Rami A <rami.ammari@gmail.com>
>
> I have this snippet of code in my dotemacs file that helps me view IDs. How
> is it possible to exclude some folders from the ID search?

Please explain what you mean by "exclude some folders".  "M-x gid"
reads file information from the ID database, it doesn't look in any
folders at all.

If you have more than one ID database, then pass a
"-f /path/to/ID" command-line argument to gid-command.  (Originally,
"M-x gid" would prompt for arguments, but the code you copied has that
commented out and instead always passes the word at point.)