Re: What should I do when building Emacs again with different configure

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: What should I do when building Emacs again with different configure options?
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:33:33 +0800

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> wrote:
> () Hongxu Chen <leftcopy.chx@gmail.com>
> () Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:03:27 +0800
>
>    > So could we remove the "./configure"?

> It's best to make the INSTALL text clearer for everyone, locally.
> Naked "./configure" can be confusing, true, and removing it doesn't
> help.  So in this case perhaps adding some text is indicated.
> But what text and where?  What is the most elegant way, in the context
> of "new configure options"?  What concepts available to the expected
> audience can we use to convey this meaning?  Must we be verbose?

I've thought another way to describe it: "./configure
--your-different-option" before my last post, but IMO the previous
paragraph has stated this very clearly:

  "If you want to build Emacs again with different configure options,
  first clean the source directories:"

It already implies that we _need_ different configure option(s), so we
don't need the second extra line.  What's your opinion?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/