Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:49:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> I don't believe that. I think my summary is much more accurate.
>
> I've told you what I meant.  No one else can know that better
> than I do.

Let's drop that discussion, OK? The archive doesn't lie and anyone
can hit it if there is such a strange desire, and make up their
own minds if that was rude or not.

> What I'm saying is that there's a limit to what can be explained
> in a message posted to a forum.  The manual has much more.
> You'd rob yourself if you limit your learning to what people say
> here, even if we assume, wrongly, that no one of them is ever
> mistaken.  Not only will you learn more from the documentation,
> your questions will become deeper, more sophisticated, and more
> interesting to answer.

Absolutely, and I read what I can find. But, I *still* don't think
it is a good answer to any question - "read the manual" - I just
don't think that is productive.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573