Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:38:52 +0200

Hi Rustom,

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Elisp is 2 things:
> 1. A scripting framework for the emacs editor
> 2. A full-scale (turing complete) programming language
>
> Your intro emphasises 1 more than 2.

Agreed -- the tutorial targets new potential users, and even
non-computer folks.  (I wrote it first for a friend who wants
to learn programming, but does not know where to start.)

I'm not sure a non-computer guy/girl can really make sense of
the difference you point, although I acknowledge i's important.

Dunno.

> How to balance more and yet stay within the 15 minutes constraint...
> Well dunno... :-)
> If I think of something I'll tell

Thanks so far!

--