Re: Binding mouse key sequences

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Binding mouse key sequences
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 16:40:43 +0200

greenwaters <regularclockwork@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for answering Michael.
> I'll try to answer your questions adding some new facts.

Thanks.

I can reproduce everything you say, in all Emacs versions I tried, trunk
is among them.  And indeed it contradicts the manual, which says that
"You can put more than one mouse button in a key sequence".

Can you please make a bug report (M-x report-emacs-bug)?  Please give a
minimal example starting from emacs -Q, and please include the
information that this also happens in trunk.

BTW, I tried hard to find a workaround to make possible what you want,
but failed.  Reading key sequences generally seems to terminate after
any mouse event (try `read-key-sequence'!).

The only thing you can do is to bind mouse-8 to a command (a keymap does
not work) that reads another event and DTRT.

Regards,

Michael.