Re: delete-region - is their a way to get the deleted text?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: delete-region - is their a way to get the deleted text?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 01:00:51 +0200

Am 13.06.2013 um 23:08 schrieb Barry Margolin:

> I can't figure out what this interpretation means.

That's OK! From time to time I am satisfied when I understand what I said. Or
wrote.

> Are "deleted with" and "inside that function" both saying the same thing?

Not to me! But I am not an US American.

> Where do the missing commas go?

For the German language I would know it by heart, we have (no, we *had*, in
last millennium) clear rules. For English I would wish I would like to know the
exact rules – if there were any.

> For the interpretation you have, isn't that what wipe-region does?

I don't know that function. When was it deleted? I mentioned to Thorsten a
similar function, "kill-region", which, as far as I know, is interactively
putting the wiped out text into the kill-ring.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp