Re: Interactive-form invoked with specified arg

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Interactive-form invoked with specified arg
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 01:53:01 +0200

gentsquash <gentsquash@gmail.com> writes:

> I looked at it before I posted.  If someone can explain to me
> how it does what I want, then I'll be grateful.

Well, take replace-string for example. If you want to call it from
Elisp, it looks like this:

(replace-string FROM-STRING TO-STRING &optional DELIMITED START
END)

In the below function, you see how it is combined with
call-interactively. The result is the same as if the user would
have hit `M-x replace-string'. But, you don't have to write a
whole new interface (that does the same thing).

(defun replace-str ()
  "Like `replace-string', but reset point when done."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (call-interactively 'replace-string) ))

But, as for your purposes, now that you have described them in
more detail, I don't think it is the solution.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573