Re: Resume-ing a query-replace

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Resume-ing a query-replace
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 07:41:03 -0400

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Alan <wehmann@fnal.gov> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:35:20 AM UTC-5, gentsquash wrote:
>> The doc for `dired-do-query-replace-regexp' has
>>
>>     "...If you exit (C-g, RET or q), you can
>>
>>      resume the query replace with the command M-<."
>>
>> Is there a version of `query-replace-regexp' with that same
>>
>> "resume" feature?   [Possibly bound to a different key]
>
> Have you considered command "repeat-complex-command"?

The only way that would be useful is if you've done nothing else since
the last query-replace operation. It might be helpful, but probably
not.

The best I know of is to reopen your query-replace prompt and press
`M-p` until what you want to do is shown again. I'd love a better
solution to this.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.