better .dir-locals

From: andrea crotti
Subject: better .dir-locals
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:48 +0200

I'm trying to find a better way to define variables that are specific to
certain projects.

At the moment I'm using .dir-locals, but the problem with that is that
I didn't find a way to extend other .dir-locals, so each of them down
the tree should contain everything.

1. is there a way to extend another one explicitly
2. any other suggested way to accomplish similar things?

For example I would like to set some variables depending on the path,
it could be something like:

/path/to/proj: (variable some-value)

And so on, any advices?