In GNU Emacs Calc embedded mode, how to simplify unit N/m^2 to Pa

From: Sharad Shrestha
Subject: In GNU Emacs Calc embedded mode, how to simplify unit N/m^2 to Pa
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:31:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

In GNU Emacs (v24.3.1) Calc embedded mode, I'd like to perform unit
simplification such that (5 N / 2 m^2) gives the result 2.5 Pa (where 1 Pa = 1
N/m^2). But I am unable to get the unit N/m^2 converted to Pa. I have the
following entries before unit simplification:

\begin{equation}
%%% a := 5 * N %%%
a \gets 5 N
\end{equation}

\begin{equation}
%%% b := 2 * m^2 %%%
b \gets 2 m^2
\end{equation}

\begin{equation}
%%% c := a / b => 2.5 * N / m^2 %%%
\evalto c \gets \frac{a}{b} \to \frac{2.50 N}{m^2}
\end{equation}

The value of "c" I am expecting after unit simplification is:

\begin{equation}
%%% c := a / b => 2.5 * Pa %%%
\evalto c \gets \frac{a}{b} \to 2.50 Pa
\end{equation}

My "Units Table" contains the following entry:

Unit    Type  Definition                  Description

 Pa       U   \frac{N}{m^2}               Pascal

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Sharad