Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 13:50:25 +0200

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon
<pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

> Of course, every day!
>

> Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What's the use-case for having the terminal be able to act as an editor?
>
> That's rather the other way you should ask: what's the use case of using
> a bitmap _graphic_ screen to edit _text_?

+1

On my desktop I use emacs within X window, even if I've disabled
almost any toolbar and menubar and don't use the mouse at all.
However, when connected to a remote server via SSH, being able to run
emacs is a killing feature to me.
Moreover, what I found very interesting to do is to start emacs on the
remote machine and live within (i.e., use eshell for other tasks).

Luca