Re: XEmacs feature missing in GNU Emacs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: XEmacs feature missing in GNU Emacs?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:03:48 -0400

"Buchs, Kevin" wrote:

> I am interested in using the latest spice-mode,
> http://spice-mode.4t.com/, released in 2007, but it calls a function
> `extent-at'. I understand that (1) that function is specific to XEmacs
> and (2) Emacs doesn't have extents, it has
> overlays instead.

The file lisp/obsolete/lucid.el has an implementation of extent-at that
may or may not work for you. So try simply

(require 'lucid)

With a 6+ year-old package obviously designed for XEmacs, there may well
be other problems though.

As you can tell from the "obsolete" part, lucid.el has not seen (and
will not see) much attention, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work
right.