Re: frames dedicated to buffers, or, always see specific buffers in a sp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: frames dedicated to buffers, or, always see specific buffers in a specific frame
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:42:01 -0400

> Does anyone know of a less hackish way to do this? The defadvice is
> particularly nasty... Do you see this breaking anything important that
> I'm not seeing??

Have you tried to an an appropriate entry in `display-buffer-alist'?

Admittedly, C-x b doesn't make much use of it, but that's just because
this binding is supposed to only affect the selected window.
So you would need to additionally do

   (defun my-switch-to-buffer (buf)
     (interactive (list (read-buffer-to-switch "Switch to buffer: ")))
     (if (joaot/browse-buffer-p buffer-or-name nil)
         (display-buffer buf)
       (switch-to-buffer buf)))

   (global-set-key [remap switch-to-buffer] 'my-witch-to-buffer)

        Stefan