Re: Possible to write 'beginning of line' in a String?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Possible to write 'beginning of line' in a String?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:58:59 +0200

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> Am 02.04.2013 11:24, schrieb Óscar Fuentes:
>> (beginning-of-line)
>> (insert "abc")
>
> resp.
>
> (progn (beginning-of-line)
>        (looking-at "abc")

Thats not what I mean. I set a variable with string values that are
inserted by other libraries (not under my control), but I want to use
these string values for regexp searches in my own program too.

But thanks to everyone, I was probably looking for an (obscure magic)
non-printable control-character that functions in a string like "^" does
in a regexp, but the way to handle this is probably 'take the string and
add "^" in front of it before using it as regexp'.

--
cheers,
Thorsten