RE: Avoiding 'reference to free variable' warningswhilesplittingelisp so

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Avoiding 'reference to free variable' warningswhilesplittingelisp source files
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 07:34:58 -0700

> At the very case, as we may and must make an agreement how to
> understand words, IMO Stefan's proposal is useful.
>
> What about to understand "define" in a wider sense, making
> more comprehensive assigments, while "declare" is understood
> as a beginning of a defining-process, undertaking its
> initial part.
>
> Probably "initiate" would be es good a "declare", it's just
> to agree a convention, a possibility.

Sorry, I don't have anything particular to add to what I already wrote.

As I said, I have no great objection to a replacement of "define/definition"
everywhere" by "declare/declaration", if done consistently and with attention.
It is tilting at windmills IMO, but go for it if you think it improves
something.

But see what I wrote earlier for a more nuanced response.
If what I've written doesn't help you, please ignore it.