XML parsing advice

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: XML parsing advice
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:35:59 +0800

I've been asking around on #emacs about this but thought I'd try here as
well: I've recently wanted to parse and edit XML files (both for EPUBs
and the TMX translation memory format). The wiki[1] seems to indicate
that things are largely broken: xpath.el and xpath-parser.el rely on
very out of date libraries. Dom.el works, but apparently can't put its
dom document back into XML.

I need to go the whole round trip: parsing a file, editing nodes and
attributes, and then saving the tree back to an XML file. I can start
doing this myself, but wanted to check if anyone had any better interim
solutions.

Thanks!
Eric

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XmlParser