Re: Emacs text bug

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs text bug
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:26:35 +0100

Am 26.01.2013 um 21:23 schrieb drain:

> All of the "-" characters have been replaced with "\ 342\200\224" (which
> has a different face and cannot be replaced with replace-string).

Because the encoding of the buffer has changed? I can see similar things in one
specific user's GNU Emacs. In *compilation* buffers the curly quotes are turned
into their byte-triplets, in dired buffers the "ä" in the German name März for
March are also sometimes lost. But why and when does this happen? Without this
knowledge it's kind of senseless to report…

--
Greetings

  Pete

The best way to accelerate a PC is 9.8 m/s²