Re: EPL licence for emacs extension distributed via ELPA.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: EPL licence for emacs extension distributed via ELPA.
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:30:04 +0100

Hi Kostafey,

kostafey <kostafey@gmail.com> writes:

> The questions are:
>
> 1) Is it possible to distribute via ELPA (in repositories like
> marmalade or melpa)
> my code with GPL licence together with this EPL code?

Yes.

"ELPA" is ambiguous.

There is GNU ELPA (http://elpa.gnu.org/) and all packages in this
repository follow the same rules than Emacs code.  Code must be GPL,
documentation must be GFDL, authors have to assign their copyright
to the Free Software Foundation.

There are other repositories, like Marmelade.

In this case, you have to follow the policy of the repository you are
using.  AFAIK Marmelade does not enforce any particular license so you
should be fine.

By the way, the project looks interesting, I'm looking forward to
testing it!

--
 Bastien